On remicade for crohn's. Will it be safe to take mdma?

hello,i have chrons and im on remicade i was wondering for awhile now if what the outcome of taking extacy or mdma while on remicade. I've done extacy and mdma before i was diagnosed with chrons and i had a really good time with no side effects . would it be bad to do it once in a while say once or twice a year? thank you
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Chron's Disease
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 2 hours later

See Remicade (Infliximab) is extremely tissue-specific, and it's generally a well-tolerated drug. It's also cutting-edge and extremely expensive. I'm not seeing any rationale for many drug-drug interactions with it, since it's basically just a preformed antibody.

On the other hand MDMA by themselves are drugs by so many side effects. But there is no such drug interaction between MDMA and Remicade.

So i dont think it will be bad to do it once or twice a year. Because there is no such proposed drug interaction between them. But you must be cautious while using them and if anything unusual happens to you while using both drugs simultaneously you should consult your doctor. Again you should consult a pharmacologist for better understanding of their pharmacokinetics.

One thing i must concern you that you should not use any anti-depressant drugs with MDMA because there may be serious problems.

Hope i have answered your queries. If you have further queries on this issue you may write back to me. Review on this answer will be appreciated.

Wishing you good health and quick recovery.

Dr. Arnab Maji