On qlaira and want to postpone periods. Which pill should I skip with qlaira to postpone periods?

I am on Qlaira and need to skip my period when i am on holiday. unfortunately the pill doesn't have 5 - 7 inactive pills as other combined contraceptives. Which pills (from specific number in the cycle of 28 pills until which number do I skip) do i have to skip with Qlaira to ensure i miss the menses for that month? With my previous contraceptive XXXXXXX i merely skipped the inactive pills, but it's clearly not as simple with Qlaira. Your assitance will be greatly appreciated.
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
In case of triphasic pills like Qlaria, you need to continue with the last seven pills till the time you need to postpone your periods. Or you can start with a high dose progesterone therapy 5 days before finishing Qlaria and continue it till you want to delay your periods. You can get these prescribed from your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: On qlaira and want to postpone periods. Which pill should I skip with qlaira to postpone periods? 1 hour later
Thank you doctor, I appreciate your response. Take note I wish to my skip my period next month, or at least postpone it by two weeks. I am currently on pill/day 17 of my pill. According to your answer, I need to continue with the last 7 pills till the time i want to postpone my period - would you mind clarifying that point? Should I take the pills up until day/pill 21 and then continue with the next packet from day 1. Or, proceed taking pills 22 - 28 and thereby finishing the packet, which will result in me having my period? According to your answer i must "continue with the last 7 pills" which are pills 22-28, but what then, as i will then after pill 28 have to start with the new packet and i will be having my period? As you know, the last 7 pills include the 2 placebo pills. Thank you for your patience in clarifying this point.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
I have again seen the composition of Qlaria in detail. You need to continue taking the light yellow tablets- round with biconvex faces, one side is embossed with the letters “DH” in a regular hexagon till the time you want to delay your periods. Do not take the two dark red and two white tablets. After day 24, start with the light yellow tablets from the next pack without any gap and continue till you want to delay your periods. After that take the two dark red tablets followed by two white ones to have your periods.
The last four tablets- two red and two white will help in bringing your periods.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.