On primolut n to regulate periods. Took contraceptive pill after intercourse. Chances of getting regnant?

Question
I am on primolut n to regulate periods, as ive been having dysfunctional uterine bleeding. i ended the course yesterday. my last normal period was on 4th october, but i had intermittent bleeding. now the problem. i had sex with my boyfriend about an hour ago, and we fear the condom may have leaked. i took an emergency contraceptive pill called i pill within 45 mins. are there any chances of my getting pregnant?
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 28 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

No, there should be No chances of pregnancy considering the fact that you used double protection.

Firstly if your monthly cycle varies between 26-32 days, then considering your last menses date of 4th October you were in your safe period when you had intercourse.

Secondly you had done a protective intercourse with a condom.

Thirdly you even used i-pill after the intercourse.

All these measures ensure that pregnancy is unlikely.

However nothing is 100% protective. But this is the maximum possible you can do to avoid pregnancy.

I hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: On primolut n to regulate periods. Took contraceptive pill after intercourse. Chances of getting regnant? 3 days later
Thank you for your reply. I just started bleeding today. its like my normal period. it has been four days since i had intercourse. is there any way that this could be implantation bleeding, and NOT a period? Please let me know...I'm still very worried.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 21 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing back.

Considering your last cycle on 4th october, your bleeding was on the expected date and there was no overdue.

It cannot be implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding occurs 10-14 days after fertilization.

Besides implantation bleeding is not heavy like a period.

Still to be sure you may take the urine test once you finish your bleeding.

Follow-up: On primolut n to regulate periods. Took contraceptive pill after intercourse. Chances of getting regnant? 42 hours later
Thanks again. I have one last question. Im on Dronis 30 now, that i started taking the day my period started. I intend to do a pregnancy test once my period stops. Are there any chances that my being on Dronis can cause a false positive (or negative result)? As in will it interfere? Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 44 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

No, dronis 30 will not affect your urine pregnancy result.

It neither produces a false negative nor false positive result.
There is no interference.