On periods due, on treatment for bacterial infection, passed a blood clot. What does it indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Thank thank you so much for being available I'm supposed to start my. In 4 days and I recently started trying to get pregnant last 4 weeks. I went pee and a blood clot came out and when I wipe small amounts pink what on the tissue. I just recently was getting over a bacteria infection which was about 90 percent finished.what does the blood clot mean does it have to do with the bacteria infection
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 46 minutes later

The possible causes for your blood clot are:
-As your are near to your expected date of periods, the bleeding could be menstrual blood which might have appeared few days early. And the tissue you mentioned could be endometrial tissue.
-As you are trying for pregnancy, there is possibility of miscarriage and the blood and tissue could be products of conception.
-If you had cervical erosion etc. along with vaginal infection that can bleed sometimes.
So you observe today, if the bleeding continues as normal menstrual flow no need to worry.
If intermittent passage of blood clots occur with associated pain abdomen, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: On periods due, on treatment for bacterial infection, passed a blood clot. What does it indicate? 40 minutes later
I forgot to mention that in my lower left which could be in my uterus I have had pulsing pain for about a day and a half I need not too painful but annoying is around a little bit after that that I had this clot. does that change anything from what you were saying

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

It supports the first two possible causes I mentioned.
That it can be pain during periods or can be due to miscarriage.
So after examination only the exact cause can be made out.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.