On pentasa 500mg for ulcers at the terminal ileum. Feeling flatulence and chest pain. What to do?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hallo Sir,
I,m taking Pentasa 500mg from September - 2012 , continuing (daily 4 nos, morning - lunch - evening - night) for multiple tiny terminal ileal ulcerations , Grade -I Hamemorrhoid ( Biopsy report - Non specific chronic inflammation of terminal ileum ) ,(along with Lupila 10 mg from August - 2012 ( before breakfast once) , Cibis from August - 2012( daily 2 nos, morning & night) & Folvite once daily. Stopped taking Lupila 10 mg from last 1 month as feeling stomach pain after 5 - 6 hours of taking it . Also stopped taking Cibis from last 10 days after feeling Galucoma like vision. Both the medicines I have been stopped taking without consulting my doctor.Now I,m taking only Pentasa 500mg & Folvite. From last some days I,m feeling flatulence and chest pain , chest burning , chest backside pain. What should I do Sir ? kindly give me your valuable suggestion. Thanking you.
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later

I am Dr. Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Increased flatulence could be due to infection, malabsorption or due to certain food items you eat.

For relief -
1. Avoid sugar and milk products
2. You can take digestive supplements

Chest pain and chest burning could be due to acid reflux disease.
For relief you may take antacid medications.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini