On pacemaker, taking Amyloidpine besylate, diovan, have high heart rate, weight gain. Help?

waking up with heart rate between 85 and 90 I have pacemaker and am on Amyloidpine besylate 10 mg, diovan 325, carvedilol 12.5 2x, torsemide 10. and I am out of shape 260 lbs.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 57 minutes later
Thanks for writing in. I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
waking up with heart rate 85-90 is normal phenomenon because there is usually morning some of hormone levels will increase.
if you have pacemaker and your having heart rate 90 means your getting, may be native(own) rhythm that is why your heart rate more than 60/70, which is usually kept as escape rate in pacemakers.
Some times postural hypotension ( fall of B.P.) may cause reflux tachycardia.
as you are using anti hypertension drugs valsartan, amlodepine these may cause postural hypotension and increase in heart rate.
And finally you are may be over weight which itself cause tachycardia.
And as such these levels of heart rate does not cause any symptoms, if you have any problem with this rate you counsult your cardiologist and evaluate further.

good luck
with best wishes.