On obimet sr 500 mg and crisanta for pcod and met xl 500 for high bp. Missing periods. Any advice?

I have pcod since 5 years.. I was prescribed obimet sr 500 mg and crisanta. And my periods were regular. I had high bp problem 2 months back for which i m taking met xl 500. Now i m not getting my periods.. Advise.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us

You should get certain investigations done like FSH , LH , Prolactin , Insulin resistance test , free and total testosterone , Renal function tests and Thyroid profile.Adrenal gland disorder can cause hypertension and PCOD.Hypothyroidism can also cause delayed periods.It is better to get an ultrasound done to review the cysts.As you are taking crisanta along with metformin so chances of pregnancy should not be there.I would like to know your obstetric history before reaching to a conclusion.Stress and anemia can be other factors for delaying the periods.Please send all the reports so that I can guide you better.
Best wishes
Good luck