On nuvaring. Had sex. Got bright red blood in period. Chances of pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
I have been on nuvaring for about 18 months now (I didn't always follow the directions 100% for the whole 18 months) Sept 23 (@ 5am) I had sex (used a condom) and my ring came out with out me noticing. I put it back in about 6-7 hours later when I realized it wasn't there. Started spotting 3 days later (which is the day It was suppose to come out for my 1week break) like my period was going to start so I took my ring out the Saturday (sept 29) to let my period flow. My period lasted 8 days instead of the normal 5 and it was more brown with some red blood a few days before it ended on oct 3. I put a new ring in on oct 5th (around 5pm) and also had unprotected sex that night (about 10pm) a week later my boobs hurt & I'm cramping, yesterday my sense of smell is through the roof. I took pregnancy test for the last 3 days all negative. Am I pregnant & just too early to tell on a HPT? This saturday oct 19 will be 2 weeks since i put my new ring in. I also had sex on sept 27th & oct 10 if that matters..i also use a period tracker app that says i was fertile oct 4-14 and im nausaus unless/untill i eat something
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX you are nit pregnant. The excessive bleeding and pain you had is due to changes in hormonal status in your body. Dont worry about pregnancy. Your cramping and breast pain will subside in 2 to 3 days. These are jusy hormonal changes and nothing more. These happen once in a while. If you are still concerned about pregnancy, please get serum beta hCG test which accurately. Predicts pregnancy. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol