On norimin 28 and sugar pills. Getting very light periods. Is this normal? Concerned

I am on Norimin 28 and take it religiously whilst also using added contraceptive measures, I have taken my sugar pills and last month only got a very light discharge and the same this month, is this normal?
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Regular use of oc pills can cause decreased flow of menses or oligomenorrhea.
That normal.Your flow may last only 2-3 days.As long you get your menses regularly every month,its normal.In case you miss your period,you need to exclude pregnancy first.If your stop taking pills,your periods will become as before.Sometimes,hormone imbalance can also cause less flow. But you need to worry about that unless there are any added symptoms like weight gain,discharge from breasts,facial hair etc.