On montek and doxolin for breathing problem. Are they recommended?

My wife has breathing problem.
Our Doctor has prescribed Montek LC, Tor 10 mg and Doxolin 400mg.
Kindly let me know whether they are OK
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

Yes, they are fine.

The tablet Montek-lc contains drug known as Montalukast and Levocetrizine.This is an anti allergic drug given to control allergy which is prevalent in this season.

Tab. Tor 10 as per my knowledge contains atorvastatin, which is given for abnormal lipids. This is commonly given to diabetic patients to control cholesterol.

Doxolin 400 contains doxophylin; it is a bronchodialator drug, means it widens the air pipe and eases the breathing difficulty.

Please continue as advised. As per the need she may need to continue for short course or long time.

Please remain in regular follow up with your physician and keep the blood sugar under control.

Once she becomes normal, means her breathing problem is under control, please discuss with your doctor about various breathing exercise to help her.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have anything more to ask, please accept the answer.