On mircogestin. How long should I wait to have unprotected sex?

I started Mircogestin exactly 6 days after my period ended. How long will i have to wait to have unprotected sex? Presently I have been taking them every day for about 9 days.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It will be effective from next cycle.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Since you started with the pill 6 days after the periods ended, it will not provide protection in this cycle. You need to use protection in this cycle. From the next cycle, it will protect you against an unwanted pregnancy if you take the pill regularly without missing a pill.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.