On microlite pill and vomited once after taking pill. Was pill absorbed?

quick question i am on microlite pill and vomitted the weekend once about 4 and half hours after taking the pill, just the once.. do you think the pill was absorbed, was into pill 15 at time
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is a very good question and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Since it was over four hours since you took the pill it is very likely that the medication was at least partially absorbed. generally it takes less than four hours for medication and food to transit through the stomach.

of course there's no way to guarantee exactly how much of the medication was absorbed or if there was any compromise in the effectiveness of the medication. If you continue to take the medication as prescribed before and after the vomiting then I see very little need to worry.

If there is any irregularity in your menstrual cycle I would suggest that you do obtain a pregnancy test.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance in the future.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: On microlite pill and vomited once after taking pill. Was pill absorbed? 3 days later
I continued on using the microlite as normal the following day and using it as a contraceptive.. .i also took the morning after pill as a precaution , do i have to use another form of contraception with my microlite or do you think this will be ok
I had sex on sunday and monday night and took my microlite on both days and took the morning after pill on tuesday along with my microlite. Do you think i am safe?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely no concern

Detailed Answer:
Yes most likely you are safe at this point. There's no way to guarantee this 100% however. Wait until your period is due. If you run late I suggest a followup pregnancy test.

Thanks again,

Dr. Galamaga