On metformin, glimiprIDE and Norvasc. Can I take Garnicia Cambogia along with them?

I am on Metformin, glimiprIDE, lisinoprol,metaprolol, and Norvasc. MY question is can I take Garnicia Cambogia and be safe in doing it.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Garcinia interaction with drugs is not well known

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Garcinia is a herbal medicine extracted from a tropical fruit. It is used for Gastrointestinal ailments.

So the interaction of Garcinia with other drugs is not well studied and documented.
There are no scientific information information available in this topic.

It is your decision which counts.

But monitor the blood sugar and blood pressure. If it is going hay way following Garcinia then stop it.

Hope the answer helps you.