On medicines for diabetes and high BP, have erectile dysfunction. Can I take Viagra?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2013
Jun 2013
Question
My blood pressure -120-130/80-85
My diabetes fasting 85-100 / pp 120-140
I take
stamlo 5 once a day
CTD 6.25 once a day
Pioglar once a day
Mclzaid 80 once in morning and once at night.
Tazloc AN 40 mg - once at night
Roseday 10 mg - once at night
I am 65
I do not have effective erection. Can I take viagara? Which do you recommend.
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 12 minutes later
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. It seems to me that your blood pressure is under fairly good control. I am also thinking that the fasting blood sugar report indicates that you have had good sugar/glucose control as well. However it might be a good idea to get a HbA1C done so as to find out if your long term sugar control is also good, since a one time test can be deceiving. I also think that your serum reports are normal. The attachment x.pdf did not have any physical, chemical or microscopic reports.

I understand that you are taking the medications mentioned and have had problems with erection. I would recommend that you get an ECG, a TMT (treat mill test) and a stress ECHO. I also think that if you have all these reports you are ready to see a psychiatrist for prescription of the appropriate medication for erectile dysfunction. I would not recommend that you take viagra without the expert opinion of a qualified psychiatrist. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!