On medicine for RA, UTI, sore and painful lump inside cheek. Should I go for medical treatment?

I am on immunosuppressants for RA...also on ant-seizure meds, etc...anyway, I get frequent infections...I saw my GP last week for a UTI--he put me on Cipro....but, I've got this sore, painful lump inside my right cheek. It seems some better since I've been on the Cirpro---but, still hurts....should I see a GP or my dentist for this problem....or wait and see if the Cipro clears it up
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
A sore painful lump inside the right cheek is likely to be due to an infected salivary gland. The ciprofloxacin you are taking is likely to help with this infection too. You can do warm saline rinses for better improvement.
You can wait till you finish cipro for urinary infection and see if it clears up. In case it is persistent then consulting a dentist will be of help.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.