On medication for insomnia and anxiety. Getting panic attack after stopping medication. Concerned

I take temazapam for insomnia, I used to take Xanax for anxiety but have since stopped being prescribed it. I recently had a panic attack and took one of my old Xanax to calm me down quickly, and now I have to take a.drug test. I and not concerned with the temazapam cause I have a current proscription with refills. My concern is the Xanax. Will the drug test be able to tell the difference in medication.
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later
Both Xanax (alprazolam) and temazepam are benzodiazepine group of drugs but the produce different metabolite so drug test can differentiate between two.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.
Wish you good health.
Dr Sourav Ganguly