On medication for hypothyroid. Planning for pregnancy. Is it safe to start yoga?

Hi Doctor,

I'm XXXXXXX.I have hypothyroid but it's been normal now.I'm continuing my medication. As a physical activity to keep my wieght and myself fit I had started Yoga.Since i had hurt my wrist i had discontinued from 2 months. Now am plannign for a baby and I wonder If i can start Yoga during this period? Will it not going to have any side effects?
This is because, my husband and my work life style is such that we get to have intercourse only during monring once we wake up for job.
And immediately I do Yoga around 8.30AM.Is it not goign to have any kind of problem on conception?
Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
If your thyroid level & weight is under control,have sex in fertile period( 11, 13, 15,17 & 19 th day of your cycle) & at any time whatever is suitable to you.
You can have intercourse in morning & take rest for 10-15 minutes, after that you can even go for yoga.
Conception is a natural process & there is no need of extra precautions for that.
Continue your thyroid medication & start taking folic acid 5 mg once daily.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.
Dr.Monika choudhary

Follow-up: On medication for hypothyroid. Planning for pregnancy. Is it safe to start yoga? 50 minutes later

Thank you for your valuable reply. I wanted to confirm, if i can use any pain killer during this period? and if its of any harm?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 29 hours later
Welcome back.
You can use simple pain killer like paracetamol (maximum 3 times in a day) during this periconceptional period.This one is not having any side effect on developing fetus if you get conception in between.
I hope your query has been answered.