On medication for hypothyroid. Is it safe to take calamarine omega 3 product with carnitine?

Question
I am a 59 yr old male who has been hypothyroid for about 10 years. I am 6'2" and weigh 275lbs. I take dessicated thyroid (Westhroid 130mg daily). I also take a calamarine Omega 3 product with Vitamin D3 and CoQ10 that contains L-Carnitine as fumerate (200mg) and a multivitamin daily. I am on no other medications. The omega product seems to give me more energy, but I've read that L-Carnitine lowers the absorption of thyroid hormones at the cellular level. Is is safe to take continue taking this product?
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 16 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
There are no issues with taking omega 3 product with carnitine and dessicated thyroid. Give a gap of 1-2 hours between the two. Maybe you can take omega 3 product after lunch or dinner. There are no other known clinically significant interactions between the two. So dont worry,just continue what you have been doing so far. Hope this helps.
Shivaprasad