On medication for hypothyroid, Insulin resistance and anxiety. Getting headache, passing loose stool. Effective medication?

My name is XXXXXX and Iam suffering from lots of things.. Hypothyroid, Insulin resistance, panic attacks and anxiety. Iam taking thyronorm 125 mcg, glycomet 850 twice a day, nexito 20 and took vitamin D uprise D3 60,000 IU once a week since Dec 2012 as I was deficient in that(14 was the reading.). Now, I went for some blood tests and my report has excessive Vit D and iam very tensed. i want to reduce that toxic effect. Since past 4-5 days Iam totally fatigued with stomach irritation and loose stools 3-4 times a day. Please helpme as Iam having loose stoolssince 3-4 days, have extreme fatigue in body and head ache. I have attached my reports with this query so please let me know the medication.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXX. I do not see the attached report. Will await the same. In the meanwhile, I will advise you to stop the vitamin D, unless you have already done so.I believe glycomet has metformin in it. That can cause some stomach problems too. Try stopping that for a week or so and see if the diarrhea goes away. Then if restarting glycomet results in re-appearance of the loose stools then it is extremely likely that the diarrhea is from glycomet. It would be relevant to see the most recent thyroid lab test results too because excessive thyroid dose can also be responsible for frequent bowel movements.
Follow-up: On medication for hypothyroid, Insulin resistance and anxiety. Getting headache, passing loose stool. Effective medication? 17 hours later
Hi Doctor,
Thanks for your reply, But pleasenote the details about me below.

Glycomet- Iam taking since 3 years due to insulin resistance. My current reading is 35 in Serum test.
Thyroxin- Iam taking since 9 years, My current TSH is 0.79
My urgent concern- My Vitamin D test is above 100 and Iam suffering from Fatigue, and cramps in stomach with loose stools since 4-5 days. I was prescribed uprise D3 since Dec 2012 weekly with 60K IU.

Am I having some serious issue?

Please suggest.

Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 18 minutes later
Stop the weekly high dose vitaminD unless you have already done so. If the symptoms are from excessive vitamin D then you should expect improvement soon. It would be worthwhile ensuring your blood calcium levels have not risen acutely due to too much vitamin D. Then check your vitamin d levels after 4-8 weeks. The recommended range is 30-50. It is possible your levels may drop to below normal in couple months. At that time you may wish to consider daily over the counter vitamin d3 (cholecalciferol ) 1000-2000 IU daily orally. Finally in order to relieve you of the current gut problems you're experiencing I also suggest you to stop glycomet temporarily and resume only if you feel better.