On medication for hypertension, hypercholesterolemia. How to cure lightheadedness, pain in mylohyoid area, sweaty palm?

65 yo male with hx htn (med controlled), hypercholesterolemia (med controlled), last EKG wnl. About an hour ago I experienced a dull but significant pain in the mylohyoid area, accompanied by a feeling of lightness, and then sweaty palms. All symptoms have subsided other than I still have light sweaty palms, likely due to the anxiety caused by reading various articles on the internet.

I briefly considered going to the ER but did not. I left a message for my internist, who is (literally) out to lunch.

Just thought I would get a quick online review and opinion by a physician.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your description is not typical of Coronary Artery Disease. However, it is better to have it excluded – by EKG and cardiac markers...
Any pain at this setting / age should be investigated as HEART PAIN – UNLESS PROVED OTHERWISE –
In suspected heart attack, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours.
Better be safe than sorry - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: On medication for hypertension, hypercholesterolemia. How to cure lightheadedness, pain in mylohyoid area, sweaty palm? 18 hours later
Thank you for your response. My internist called me shortly after I submitted my question. I went to his office and had an ECG and stat cardiac panel...both of which showed no cardiac issues. I had several panic attacks over 15 years ago, and this was similar, but because it had been so long I thought maybe it was something different, and decided to be safe rather than sorry.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 5 hours later
Have a stress ECG and Lipid profile done at your leisure - for future safety..