On medication for hypertension. How long should I apply moist heating pad for pain relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have controlled hypertension with medication (today's reading was 122/82). How long should I apply moist heating pad to neck or back and how long can I sit in hot tub?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Since you are taking your anti hypertensives regularly and your blood pressure is well under control, you can apply moist heating pads for 10-15 minutes thrice daily for pain relief.
Sitting in the hot tub is recommended for not more then 10 minutes and you have to be careful regarding any dizziness while in the bath tub. Hot water can cause vasodilatation leading to hypotension and dizziness.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.