On medication for high BP. Will it be safe to take via annas supplement?

hi im just wandering i am thinking on going on a via annas and m only concern is that i have high blood pressure which i am taking daily medication for. Will i be able to still take the via annas supplement each day despite my condition and will i have any side effects???
myemail address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later

I guess you were taking about Via Ananas diet pills.

The interaction between Via Ananas and evidence to back my theory here. However I have done a decent research to say this.

Via Ananas is derived from Anaar ( Pineapple). Its acts like a proteolytic enzyme known as bromelain. Bromelain is used as an anti-inflammatory medication. Excessive intake has it's share of side effects. Notable precautions are in cases with hypersensitivity to ingredients, peptic ulcer, heart conditions (including blood pressure) and increased bleeding tendency (which in turn can increase bleeding during periods). Since most diet pills dehydrate and reduce appetite. This slows down metabolism and hence weight does not reduce even with reduced calorie intake. Yet reduced calorie intake and aerobic exericise combination works the best to reduce weight and subsequently burn fat at the unwanted areas on the body.

Let me know if you have any questions.