On medication for anxiety and insomnia. Any alternate cure and treatment?

anxiety hi, I am a 24 year old male, I have suffered from anxiety and insomnia for many years. for a few years now I have been on klonopin for anxiety, remeron and seroquel for sleep. I am concerned about my situation because it seems as though I have built a tolerance to klonopin, and remeron used to be all I needed for sleep but now i most always need the seroquel to sleep in addition to the other two. I don't like this, especially where my tolerance for klonopin has gone. are there any good medical alternatives or natural alternatives or supplemental treatments? thanks
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 25 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

You seem to be on a combination of different classes of medication. Klonopin is a benzodiazepine given for anxiety and for sleep; Remeron (Mirtazapine) is an anti-depressant; Seroquel (Quetiapine) is an anti-psychotic medication.

In order to guide you better, can you please provide the following clarifications:
What exact doses of these medication are you on?
What psychological problems did you have before being prescribed these medication?
How controlled are those problems now?

Please get back to me with these details so that I can guide you more appropriately.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist