Ask a Urologist   »  

On medication for BP and HPV. Noticed blood in urine. Is this the side effect of medicine?

Hi im peeing blood at the end of urination. It hurts only towards the end. I have been on metoprol for blood pressure and also aldara for hpv these meds are new to me so im not sure if it's side effect or not. Its not a whole lot of blood but im worried it will turn into a lot.
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 30 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Blood in urine with terminal dysuria is common in stone in the bladder.
Tests in the form of urine analysis, culture and ultrasound scan are needed to confirm the diagnosis and treat appropriately.
This is not a known side effect of metoprolol and aldora.
Kindly take medical advice and get well soon.