On mdication for GERD. Getting feeling of weight loss, weakness, pain in finger and leg joint. Related?

Hi Doctor. Good Morning. I am suffering from GERD since more than a month now and am on medication. From last week, am feeling good and feeling am getting better and better.
But I have seen that i have lost around 4 kgs of weight. Earlier I had 74 kg weight and now am 69.5. Can this weight loss be a cause of GERD? Even my friends say same thing.
Also, I feel that am losing weight day by day.Although it can be just a feeling,but this feeling is troubling a lot.
Also from last week, am feeling slight pain in fingers & leg joint and some weakness. Even am taking now Vitamin B complex and Calcium tablet 'Ostocalcium' supplements. Can GERD cause weakness also?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 6 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

GERD causes neither weight loss nor weakness.
You can consult your doctor for complete examination to find the cause.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini