On lumerax 80 for high fever. Have high SGOT level. Diagnosed with malaria. Any suggestions?

Infertility Specialist
Hello doctor,
my mother 55 is having fever of 100 for 3 days. sgot being 301 doctor prescribed lumerax 80 from pass 3 days and tacimol 650
is it bcoz of malaria. fever is going up and then coming down
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 2 hours later
Well, your mother has been diagnosed as a case of malaria with liver dysfunction(SGOT high).
YES, malaria can have varied presentations in tropical countries and she can have that pattern of fever.
I think the doctor must have done many tests before confirming this as malaria and starting the therapy for it.
Well, wish your mother a happy and fast recovery.
Let me know if you have any more questions.