On logynon ed. Want to take a break. What should be done?

Hello, I have recently started taking logynon ed. I have nearly come to the end of the 3rd week and want to have a break as I am going on holiday. From my understanding, I have to skip the placebo pills and then start the first day of my next packet straight away - is this correct? Also,
when I come to the 3rd week of the 2nd packet how many days of the placebo pills should I take as my 'break' - is it 4 or the whole 7? Thank you
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
What you are saying is absolutely correct.
To post pone your periods,you have to immediately start your next pack of pills after completing 3 weeks of the pill .you have to totally miss your placebo pills.
Now when you come to the 3rd week of second packet,you can take all the 7 pills.
Sometimes doctor advises you take it for just 4 days.It simply helps in reducing withdrawl symptoms and unscheduled bleeding.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck