On lisinoprol, xanax. EKG was clear. But, why do I have skipped heart beats?

I am having skipped heart beats 1-3 Or more (as far as i can count) per min I am on my period and these skipped beats are not really new but seems to be doing it more at the moment. Should I go to dr ?i have had EKG and 24 hr monitor in the last 3 months and everything was clear. I do suffer from anxiety and take 60 mg of cymbalta for that plus 5 mg lisinopril for blood pres .... I also take Xanax as needed for panic. These skipped beats are worrying me so much I can't sleep.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The irregularity in heart beats that you are having now are likely to be related to anxiety as the 24 hour monitor was normal just three months ago.
To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.
You need to take some antianxiety medications like short reuptake serotonin inhibitors (SSRI) along with the sedative you are already taking after consulting your psychiatrist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.