On lisinopril 10mg for slight hypertension. Suggest some medication for erectile dysfunction

I am a 58 yr. old male. Having trouble with maintaining erection.Slight Hypertension controlled with Lisinopril 10mg. and hydrochlorothiazide 10 mg. Can i safely use medication for the Erectile problem?
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 55 minutes later
The lack of proper erection or inability to sustain it is called erectile dysfunction.
There are many causes for this- psychological stress, performance anxiety, day to day life stress, dislike for the partner, fatigue, side effects from drugs, diabetes, neuropathies, local problem, hormonal imbalance etc.
It is important to know if you are having any personal discord, what are your expectations about sex, how much you are staying, are you a diabetic also, Whether also taking anti-hypertensives called nitrates, and lastly a 58 yrs age is not more for men, it is as good as 18, there must be some other problem which is hampering your hardness.
With the information you have provided,I think you can use the ED drugs without problems.
Please put a follow up query giving more information on these details so that I can fine tune my opinion.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: On lisinopril 10mg for slight hypertension. Suggest some medication for erectile dysfunction 20 hours later
No personal Problems,no diabetes,no nitrares,just can't keep it up till orgasm. Didn't really have problem untill i started the hypertension medication. could this be it?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
I think you would get benefit and do not have contraindication for starting the Ed medication but it is always wise to start them in consult with your local physician.
The antihypertensive Lisinopril hardly has got any such effect, still if any you can mitigate it by trying a divided dose that is break the dose into 5mg morning and 5mg evening. And try it before the ED medicine. You would see the advantage in coming 7-10 days if it would work, if not then think of ED medicines.
Wish you a great health!