On librax, breast feeding. Affect the baby?

I am breastfeeding. I took the Jerks. It affects the infant. With the knowledge I took for two days and only during this two days did not breastfeed the baby. And stopped breastfeeding for a period of four days. Afterward I gave him a feed just one. And i stopped breastfeeding.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
After taking Librax ideally you should stop breast feeding your baby for seven days so that most of the drug gets washed out from your body producing minimal effect on the baby.
As such it has got a medium duration half life and the baby is breast fed is likely to produce drowsiness in the infant. You can safely resume breast feeding after one week of taking the drug.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.