On infertility treatment, taking siphene and progynova. Stopped progynova. When am I due for periods?

Hi doctor,
I am on infertility treatment and last cycle I was taking siphene and progynova and stopped progynova on 18th day. When period is expected to start after stopping progynova?
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Progynova is a synthetic hormone replacement for oestrogen.
The Progynova pills are prescribed to help you have adequate amount of hormones to sustain endometrial lining for implantation to occur. After stopping progynova, the spotting can occur after 2-3 days. The proper bleeding is not expected till the end of the cycle. Usually it is continued till the end of the cycle and then a pregnancy test is done. If the test comes negative then the pills are stopped and a normal bleeding starts after 2-3 days.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: On infertility treatment, taking siphene and progynova. Stopped progynova. When am I due for periods? 17 minutes later
Thanks for the quick response doctor.
I was on siphene from 3CD to 8CD(cycle day) and from 8CD I was asked to take progynova and after a follicular scan on 15th day, since the follicles size were not as expected doctor adviced to stop progynova and suggested to have different way of treatment from next cycle and we can leave this cycle. after stopping progynova, this is 13th day and period has not started. I am on CD31 now. Also my periods are irregular. But whenever I was taking duphaston or other progestrone tablets, periods will start within 5 days after stopping it. Just curious to know whether i will get periods after stopping progynova or i should consult the doctor again to get periods.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You should wait for next 3-4 days and if the bleeding does not start then get the progesterone tablets prescribed from your gynecologist for withdrawal bleeding after a pregnancy test.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.