On fertility treatment. Not getting pregnant after taking siephen. Any thoughts?

hello doctor i am mrs XXXXXXX i have undergone a follicular study and on 14th day my egg was ruptured and during my periods i was even taking siephen 50 mg for 10 dys and doctor also gave me an injection on 12th day and we were told to have relation ship so we did every thing but still didnt got pregnant and 25th march 2013 is my first day of period and even all other reports are normal so please reply me and guide me why am i not getting pregnant....
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 30 minutes later
Hello Mrs. XXXXXXX
Thanks for consulting us.
I can understand your concerns & anxiety! this always affect couples who are on fertility treatment. Remember fertility treatment takes time & a lot of patience. Only about 50% of women that ovulate ( rupture of egg ) with Clomiphene citrate get pregnant with it. That is if you are ovulating only one in two chance is there for you to conceive in any given cycle provided there is no other factor responsible for a subfertility like tubal blockage, male factor or coital problems etc.
So, if you & your husband have not achieved a pregnancy after one years of regular (2-3 times per week) intercourse my advise is to see a fertility specialist & follow all the advise given to you including medicine & investigation & then hope for the best.
Hope I have explained it to you in a simple fashion. Please write back if you need any further advise.
Wish you best of luck.