On fertility treatment. How long will it take to get pregnant?

Question
how long dose it take for me to get pregnate when i am on fertility treatment
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later

The success rate of infertility treatment depends on many factors and it is not possible to predict the outcome in every one until after some time. It depends on the severity of the problem, the treatment modalities undertaken, the response to treatment and the efficiency of the specialist.

As you have been getting treated for the past one year, I presume you and your partner have been completely evaluated before initiation of the treatment. This is essential for any treatment to give good results. I would need the details of your treatment to comment further.

Hope I have answered your query. If you wish to have further clarifications, please feel free to contact. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: On fertility treatment. How long will it take to get pregnant? 11 hours later
Hi thanks for that I am currently on clomid to see if I can produce more eggs in order to get pregnate I really don't want to go down the Ivf path if the clomid dose not work I have had allot of tests done my partner is fine it's just me do you think I should get a second opinion on this

Thanks for writing back.

If you are on ovulation induction, you need to get monitoring to see if you are actually ovulating with the given dosage of Clomiphene. If not, the dosage may need to be increased as per the doctor's suggestion. You may need progesterone supplements and injections to accelerate ovulation. Your tubes must be patent. Your doctor may also go for IUI in an induced monitored cycle.

With Clomiphene, 40-45% success is observed at the end of six months, which is the maximum time for which the treatment is applied. Majority ovulate within the first month. If this fails, you may have to go for higher treatment. Also, you have to get your prolactin, thyroid, DHEAS, AMH levels and glucose tolerance. If needed, your doctor may advice further medication.

Please maintain a healthy weight within the BMI range of 19-25 as a small change in weight can improve the ovulation state significantly. Please do some regular daily exercise and eat healthy food.Please be patient as patience is of utmost importance in the course of infertility treatment. Many-a-time couples withdraw from treatment just before they are about to taste success. Please follow your doctor's advice and if you think it necessary, take a second opinion from an experienced infertility specialist.

Hope I have answered your query. If you need further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.