On face pimple and acne marks are visible, kojic gel is not helping. Suggest?

on my face pimple/acne marks are visible, please suggest as kojic gel is not helping.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
proper face wash & peeling agents required.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query,

From your query it seems that you have only pimple marks, which I suppose are black in color.I also suppose that at present you are not suffering from fresh acne lesions (or pimples).In case you are getting fresh pimples you should first take treatment for that and then once they have healed completely you should go for treating marks.

Kojic acid is a very mild agent for marks .Firstly you should use a face wash meant for oily skin .Any good face wash containing 2% salicylic acid would be a good choice in such a case.Use it at-least twice a day .

For marks you should apply any good peeling agent like tretinoin or adapalene .This should be used at night only .These should be used very carefully at night as they are strong peeling agents .Thus they tend to dry the face as-well. To begin with I recommend using such gels only for short contact say for 1-2 hours at night and then wash it off.Gradually increase the contact time .In my patients I start with a low concentration of tretinoin (0.025%) at night.I would recommend you to consult a experienced dermatologist for proper prescription as these are prescription based drugs.In the morning you should apply any good oil free sunscreen like UVAVO.

In case such creams are ineffective then I recommend my patients chemical peels (glycolic or salicylic acid peels) .This is a procedure which you can get it done from a trained dermatologist.This needs to be taken once every two weeks.Multiple sessions are required for good result.

Lastly lasers are also a option if you can get it in your city.Q-switched Nd:yag laser would be the best in such a case.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.