On exercise routine daily and a decent diet. Random blood sugar check showing 95. Should I be scared of diabetes?

Endocrinologist
Question
How do i get rid the scare of diabetes though i follow a exercise routine daily and a decent diet, i have got the results of 95 on random blood sugar check
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Regular monitoring and a healthy lifestyle

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, Hi! as you are already following a healthy lifestyle what more you need is a regular monitoring , Fasting and 2 hour Post prandial blood glucose once a month and HbA1c once every 3 months. Overcoming fear is a matter of strong will , you can do your best and the be ready to face whatever comes. Regards!

Follow-up: On exercise routine daily and a decent diet. Random blood sugar check showing 95. Should I be scared of diabetes? 16 hours later
Hi, Thanks for the anwser. I am just 36 years old. Do i still need to monitor the same way you have suggested?.

I just got it done about 5 months back and results as highlighted is normal (Fasting with Coffee got 90).

Is it fine i check it once every year. I have also got OGTT done last year....which was again having normal results.

Also what is the time taken for anyone to get diabetes once it is found normal. Might be a very Naive question.... Please bear with me

Brief Answer:
No definite time line to follow.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Hi! No you don't do this rigorous monitoring as a protocol. If your OGTT is normal then you only keep monitoring FBS and PP2BS once a year. If fasting is >100 mg/dl or PP2BS > 140 mg /dl then you can repeat OGTT. But your query was how to overcome the fear of developing diabetes? Now overcoming fear is a psychological concern. And you can overcome your psychological concern by being extra cautious. Therefore I suggested you a more active checking not otherwise as a protocol. Regards!

Follow-up: On exercise routine daily and a decent diet. Random blood sugar check showing 95. Should I be scared of diabetes? 44 minutes later
Thanks Madam.. Just to close this discussion,please also let me know the diabetes symptons...or a pre-diabetes symptons...

if you could also please elaborate further on normal urination tendency and diabetic urination tendency. How can a normal person identify a diabetic sympton

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
polyuria, polydipsia, weight loss.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Early symptoms of diabetes are - increased urination, more than once getting up at night for urination, increased thirst, increased appetite, increased tiredness, increased fatigue, weight loss, non healing wounds, decreased libido, genital infections, dimness of vision are main. Besides there are few which suspects a physician.
Normal urination pattern is proportionate to liquid intake. and usually people do not get up more than once for urination during night. But in Diabetes patients have increased frequency of urination and more so during night. Regards!