On essure birth control since 2 years. Delayed periods, pinkish clear discharge, signs of pregnancy. Could I be pregnant ?

i got the essure birthcontrol about 2 years back , this past month i have had all symptoms of pregnancy and was a week late for my period i usally start the first of every month but i started brown bleeding or discharge on the 14th and later that day it turned a dark red that did that off and on for two days and now i am havin pinkish clear discharge could i be pregnant
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 1 hour later

“Essure insert” when placed in the fallopian tubes prevent the sperms from reaching the ovum and help avoid pregnancy.

As you have got symptoms of pregnancy it is better to get tested and confirmed that you are not pregnant.

The best method to confirm is getting a blood test for pregnancy done and it is called Beta HCG test(beta human chorionic gonadotrophin). This is a hormone which gets increased if there is pregnancy.

I would suggest you to get tested and if the test confirms that you are not pregnant then you can consider the bleeding as your normal periods.

Hope this answer is helpful to you. In case of any other query please write back.

Take care and regards