On ebexid after missed abortion. Blood test done. Am I having hypothyroidism?

Hello, my wife had a missed abortion last month. Last week we went for a checkup with the local gynecologist and she prescribed Ebexid.
The blood test report had the following values:
T3 : 3.55 ng/ml
T4 : 7.20 μg/dl
TSH : 0.81 μIU/ml
Serum Prolactin : 19.4 ng/ml
Is she having hypothyroidism? Should she continue taking the tablets or consult a specialist?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 4 hours later

Thanks for sharing your concern here.

The abortion your wife had last month can be due to many causes. Thyroid abnormality could be one of them. However the thyroid Function reports are perfectly with in normal range at present and are not suggestive of hypothyroidism. But if clinically suspected, the tests may have to be repeated after 2 months. Discuss with her doctor.

Her prolactin level is also normal for non-pregnant female now. You can stop taking supplement after consulting your Gynecologist.

As her thyroid functions are normal at present, there is no need to consult endocrinologist yet.

Hope I have answered your query; if you have any further query, I will be happy to answer that.