On dronis 30 for PCOD. Had unprotected intercourse 20 days after periods. Should I take any pill?

I have been taking Dronis 30 for my PCOD for past 4-5 months. I had my clats cycle strated on July 1 and ended in 7 days. I ended my this month medc on July 26. I had unprotected sex with husband on july 27.

Were we required to take any precautions? My next cycle will be on Aug 1 (most preobably).
Am i required to take ipill for this? what is the safe time of sex for me?
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Dronis contains Drospirenone + Ethinyl estradiol, This medication is a combination of 2 hormones: an estrogen (ethinyl estradiol) and a progestin (drospirenone). This product is used to prevent pregnancy. It works mainly by preventing the release of an egg (ovulation) during your menstrual cycle.
The chances of you being pregnant is very slim. For to know your safe period many online safe period calculator are there you can try that.
Considering your length of cycle to be around 30 days, 27th july will not be safe period.
You can wait for your period to come if it is delayed, you should go for urine pregnancy test then to think of next step.
I advice you not to go for the i pill without prescription it will be better if you see OBG specialist for help and then decide.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.