On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I got anxiety I am on dosulpin 75 mg a day,I keep waking up all night with panic attacks, my mouth is dry, heart is beating fast, headache.what to do
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clonazepam may be better option for you Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Dosulepin (prothiaden) is a good drug and is commonly used for treating tension headache and anxiety. However, it is not effective in all, and may have side effects. Some of your symptoms may be side effects of dosulepin, such as dry mouth, etc. You would benefit from taking clonazepam. If you were my patient, I would start you on a single night dose of 0.5 mg per day. I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 9 minutes later
what r the side effects of this medicine, I am looking after 19 yr old son, he is disable ,plz help I don't want to sufferer

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: New medicine is safe Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. This new medicine is safe, except for causing mild drowsiness. Since it is taken at night, drowsiness would not matter. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 5 minutes later
my GP said of I can take FLUANXOL.how is this I am very scared now plz help

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is better to avoid FLUANXOL Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. FLUANXOL (Flupentixol) is an anti-psychotic drug, and is used in cases of schizophrenia or other similar problems. Based on your symptoms, I do not think you have any similar symptoms. Therefore, it is better to avoid FLUANXOL. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 18 minutes later
I am taking dosulpin. what is the procedure of changing to the new medication. Do I have to stop dosulpin immediately, r there any withdrawal symptoms.Plz explain.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: You should taper the dose of dosulpin Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. You should gradually taper the dose of dosulepin. One approach could be to reduce the dose by 25 mg every 10 days, so, you would come off it within 30 days. Clonazepam can be added once you have reached a dose of 50 mg of dosulepin. We do not expect any withdrawal symptoms. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 19 minutes later
Doctor u r so kind I hope ur medicine works on me I will ask my GP if he can change.I worry a lot about my son.He fell from 1story from the window when he was 2 yrs old, had a severe brain injury.I have to look after him day and night,He gets lots of fits and seizures, I have to be alert all the time.thanks s lot!!!!!

Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Thank you and best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 14 minutes later
my counsller said I should try ESCITALOPRAM,SERTRALINE or PAROXETINE.What do u think?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: They are antidepressants. Detailed Answer: If you have features of depression such as sadness, crying, not able to enjoy life, suicidal ideas, etc, then you can use antidepressants. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 50 minutes later
The drug Clonazepam is highly addictive! Is it XXXXXXX for me.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You should take it for a few months Detailed Answer: Clonazepam is safe if used for one to three months, and only longer periods of use may cause addiction. You would feel much better after a month or so, so, the dose may be reduced or stopped totally. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 13 hours later
hi doctor, I was wondering if I can take 25 mg dosulepin in the morning and .5mg of clonazepam in the night.Is this a good combination. What do u think?

Brief Answer: Yes you may do so. Detailed Answer: This combination is good. However, if you feel drowsy in morning after taking dosulepin you my take both at night. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 21 minutes later
Thanks again doctor!!I will talk to my GP tomorrow.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Thank you and best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 23 hours later
my doctor refused yo give me clonazepam because its addictive.He rather gave me Atarax!

Brief Answer: Atarax is fine, Detailed Answer: Atarax is fine, and is less addictive than clonazepam. Just that I have more experience with clonazepam, and I do not find it addictive in my patients. Dr Sudhir XXXXXXX MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 10 minutes later
my GP was very angry with me today he asked me to change my GP now.He said he doesn't prescribe addictive medicine.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Personal preference may be Detailed Answer: As I said, it depends on personal preferences. I prescribe clonazepam to scores of people, and they do not get addicted. On the other hand, I prescribe atarax mostly for allergic and skin problems. They cause drowsiness, and also, I have not used them for long periods to see their long term effects. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 1 hour later
my GP can give me PROXITINE.Will it work on me, what do u think?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Paroxetine is a good antidepressant Detailed Answer: Paroxetine is a good and safe antidepressant. However, if you start this, you should stop dosulopine. Both should not be taken together. Dr Sudhir XXXXXXX MD DM (Neurology)

I heard proxitine has very bad side effects. Pins and needles, hot flushes, shaking tongue and body.lack of concentration.

Brief Answer: Paroxetine is well tolerated in real practice. Detailed Answer: Paroxetine is well tolerated in real practice. I agree that in clinical trials and literature with the drug list a lot of side effects. In my patients, the most common is sexual dysfunction, especially not getting aroused and difficulty in having an orgasm. A few other side effects they have are nausea and drowsiness. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 4 minutes later
Is there any medicine for anxiety which is not addictive and less side effects. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: All medicines used for treating anxiety have side effects and some degree of addiction. So, we have to choose one of them, which is safe for a person (differs in different people). Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 21 hours later
hi doctor, How is BUSPIRONE for anxiety. Is it better than DOSULPIN?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Buspirone is good for anxiety Detailed Answer: Both Buspirone and dosulepin are almost similar for anxiety. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 2 minutes later
Thanks doctor!!!

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 0 minute later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Thank you and best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

hi doc!I wanted to know what is the maximum safe dosage of dosulpin can be taken in one day. Especially in severe anxiety.

Brief Answer: Upto 150 mg is safe Detailed Answer: In clinical trials, 300 mg has been used. But the safe upper limit for dosulepin is 150 mg per day. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 20 hours later
hello doctor! Nowadays I have lot of trouble sleeping.Sleep comes but as soon as I drop to sleep in just 5/10 minutes my temples hurt and I wake up with a shock and the whole body shakes for 5 minutes and my heartbeat gets fast and mouth gets very dry it's becoming very painful.It's happening to me everyday.I am scared to sleep.Why is this happening?At the same time I am burping a lot. I use lot of pillows to lay down.I feel very restless. All my head and neck is stiff.Is this panic attacks? Does panic attacks continue all day?Or the medicine not controlling my anxiety?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be panic attacks. Detailed Answer: Symptoms are suggestive of panic attacks. They can occur frequently and can last long. So, medications such as clonazepam and other anti anxiety medications would help you get better. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

tell me some other anxiety medicine but plz not the addictive ones

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: All medicines have addictive potential Detailed Answer: As I told earlier, all anti anxiety medications have potential for addiction. Other options are dosulepin, Buspirone, escitalopram, etc. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 3 days later
hello doctor! I started on dosulpi n 6 months ago I was anemic as well.I could sleep before. But now after 6 months my iron has increased to nearly normal level.But I am getting panic attacks, especially when I lie down for sleep.One night I can sleep and next night all night I can't sleep.Every 10/15 minutes l keep waking up with a pain in my head all body shakes and heart beats fast.Why is this going on now? It didn't happen before like that.I could sleep before.Not now why?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anemia is not the cause of panic. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. Anemia is not the cause of your panic attacks. They are two unrelated problems. Treatment of anemia and normal iron levels would reduce your fatigue and tiredness. Your current symptoms are suggestive of panic attacks. You would improve with anti anxiety medications and after trying to reduce any stress in daily life. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

My GP gave me proxitine last month it gave me bad side effects I couldn't cope. Then I went back on dosulpin 75 mg/day.Is this medicine not strong enough. My GP said I am not allowed to take more than 75mg per day.

Brief Answer: Dosulpin is good. Detailed Answer: Dosulpin 75 mg is good. It may take some time to show good effect. Small dose of Clonazepam may be used later. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

can I take 50mg of dosulpin at night and 25mg In the day. is it safe for me?how many hours gap should be between them?

Brief Answer: You can do that. Detailed Answer: You can take 25 mg of dosulpin in morning and 50 mg at night. There should be approximately 12 hours gap between the two doses. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

I hope it works and I can sleep in the night!

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sure Detailed Answer: Thank you and best wishes. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Hello doctor I heard that BUSPIRONE is more stronger in controlling anxiety. Which r the safe doses of BUSPIRONE.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Buspirone is a good drug for anxiety Detailed Answer: Yes, Buspirone is a good drug for controlling anxiety. The usual starting dose is 15 mg per day, given as 7.5 mg two times daily. After a few days, it can be slowly increased to 20-30 mg per day, in two divided doses. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 6 hours later
If I take BUSPIRONE then do I have to stop dosulpin totally? what will be the procedure of stopping dosulpin?

Brief Answer: You should stop Dosulpin Detailed Answer: If you start byuspirone, you should stop dosulpin. The dose of dosulpin should be reduced by 25 mg every two weeks. So, in about 4-6 weeks, you can stop it. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 2 days later
My GP prescribed me BUSPIRONE 5mg three daily .I am already taking dosulpin. please tell me how to start this new medicine. I read the reviews that It makes u very drowsy and dizzy. My life is such that I have to drive and do indoor and outdoor chores.

Brief Answer: My reply is below Detailed Answer: I suggest you start buspirone as advised by your doctor. The amount of drowsiness differs in different people. Over the weekend, you can see the effect, and accordingly we can decide to cut down the dose of dosulpin. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 17 minutes later
hi doctor, I need to know how and when to take BUSPIRONE as I am already taking dosulpin 3 times daily. What time will be better to take the 1St dose I am scared. I have to drive as well. Plz help me.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take buspirone in the evening Detailed Answer: You should take the first dose of buspirone in the evening when you are back to home. That way, you can monitor the effects of buspirone better. Also, we should not take it before driving, as we do not know the effects of buspirone in you. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 11 minutes later
I usually take 2 nd dose of dosulpin at 6 pm. Can BUSPIRONE 1st dose be taken together with dosulpin 25 mg. Will I be okay?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Yes, you can take them together Detailed Answer: Yes, you can take dosulpin and buspirone together. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Thanks doctor, I will take it this evening.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Please keep me informed about your condition and progress. Thank you and best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 48 minutes later
This is me and my son who had a brain injury. Bye for now!

Brief Answer: I remember... Detailed Answer: Yes, yes,...I remember... Bye for now, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 48 hours later
Hello doctor, I am finding it hard to take dosulpin and buspirone together. All my head is already feels do hard like a rock.Specially the part of the head where temples are on top of ears.All my face is stiff and hurts.Again I couldn't sleep all night. I keep waking up every 10min with a shock in my head. It feels like electric current shock in the head. It woke me up and all my body was shaking and my heart was beating fast my mouth was so dry, I felt pain at my temple area on the top of the ears.Tell me a way so I take them seperately. Why I have pain in my head never goes? Why my head is so stiff and hurts. Please help doctor. I have IBS and acid reflux due to this anxiety.Thanks!!!

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: You can separate the doses by a few hours Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. It is unfortunate to note that you had adverse effects when you took buspirone and dosulpin together. You can separate both of them by a few hours, may be you can keep a gap of 2-3 hours between taking buspirone and dosulpin. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

hi doctor,my mother is 71 years old. She has been taking STILNOX 10mg every day for 8 years now it doesn't help her to sleep. My mother suffers from insomnia and diabetes. Please tell me a medicine that can help her to sleep at least more than 4/5 hours.Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below Detailed Answer: Good options for her include Zolsoma (contains zolpidem and melatonin) OR Ativan (Lorazepam) Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Thanks a lot doctor

Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Thank you and best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 29 hours later
Hi doctor I have started BUSPIRONE now I didn't get drowsy on 5mg dose.I need to know what's the maximum dose of BUSPIRONE will be safe for me. I feel there is lump in my throat all head is still stiff.Ibs still there.Pain in my chest getting sharp.Mouth Is very dry couldn't sleep again in the night, pain like shock in the head keep waking me up every 10/15 minutes.Can't relax at the moment very restless inside.Will it all get better with time.please tell me the safe XXXXXXX dose of BUSPIRONE for me.Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. You can safely take 15 mg of Buspirone per day in two or three divided doses. Your symptoms would get better with time. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Hi doctor, my GP said today that I cannot take BUSPIRONE for long period of time. What if I don't get better in short time.How long is it safe to take it?What do I have to take if my doctor stop this medicine.please help me what to do.

Brief Answer: My reply is below Detailed Answer: Yes, buspirone should not be taken for long time, however, it can be safely used for a few months. After that, you may feel better with dosulpin. However, if symptoms persist or recur, then, buspirone may be re-started. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 7 minutes later
Is there any other anti anxiety medicine which can help me more or cure me.Tell me a medicine which has less side effects and cure my anxiety.I am really suffering at the moment.

Brief Answer: My reply is below Detailed Answer: Other anti-anxiety medications include antidepressants such as escitalopram and beta blockers such as propranolol. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Hi doctor I wanted to know why buspirone cannot be taken for a long time?Is it a XXXXXXX drug? Please explain I am confused.

Brief Answer: My reply is below Detailed Answer: Buspirone is a safe drug and it can be taken for long if needed. But if you get well then it should be stopped. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 22 hours later
Hi doctor! I am taking one dosulpin and 3 buspirone now.I was driving today I got a panic attack.Head and ears got hot,heart started beating fast and headache and sweating.It seems New medicine not controlling much at the moment.Do u think buspirone is strong enough.Or it will take time to work.What doses of BUSPIRONE can control my anxiety.In my anxiety my head burns like heat in it. Heart beats fast, feels weak and eyes hurt a lot..Taking all these medicines side by side give me more pain in my head. What to do please tell me.Am I safe?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer: You are safe Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. Buspirone is a good drug and it may take some time to work. The dose of 15 mg per day is good, however, if the benefit is not seen, the dose can be increased to 20-30 mg per day. So, please continue the medicines and be hopeful. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Hi doctor! Last night again I wanted to sleep.So much sleep was coming I lie down and after10 minutes I woke up with a big painful shock in my head.I was crying all night couldn't sleep at all.Do I ask my GP to increase buspirone dose? How to stop this shock in my head so I can sleep.How will I drive now and do all my daily chores I am feeling very weak.Or is there any other option?Or is there any other medication which can be added with buspirone to stop the shocks?Or shall I start some other medicine all together.My GP doesn't know much about it.Please help me how to stop the shocks.I never had them before.They started from last 3 weeks.

Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Yes, one of the good options is to increase the dose of buspirone. If symptoms still persist, then, other medications including benzodiazepines could be considered. There is no need to worry, as we need to give some more time for buspirone to show the effect. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

hello doctor I need to know does buspirone increase the serotonin levels in brain or decrease it.Please tell me what does it do? How does it work?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Buspirone stimulates type 1 A receptors in some parts of brain, thereby stimulating the effects of serotonin. It also has effects on dopamine, but that is not relevant in its action. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 30 minutes later
Do SSRIs do the same action? Or what's the difference? Will I get benefit from SSRIS?I tried Proxitine10 mg few months ago. It gave me severe side effects I couldn't cope at all.Do it patients feel better with buspirone or is it very mild drug.With buspirone I feel my anxiety is reduced but shocks in my head did not improve.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: They differ in their action Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. SSRIs have antidepressant action, not much of effect on anxiety. However, buspirone has effects on reducing anxiety and no significant anti depressant action. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

hi doctor but u said that Escitalopram is good for anxiety.I am confused now, please explain I am really worried and not getting cured.

Brief Answer: Escitalopram is an antidepressant Detailed Answer: But it has only mild anti-anxiety properties. If you are looking to reduce anxiety, then, benzodiazepines are other options. The most common among these are clonazepam. But all benzodiazepines will produce some sedation and there is a slight risk of dependence on these drugs, especially if they are used for long duration. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 24 hours later
hi doctor now I take BUSPIRONE 5mg 3 times daily. It makes my body hot and I get cramps in my legs and arms. I also saw blue flashes in my vision. Is it normal or not.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: These symptoms may occur Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. These symptoms may occur as side effects of buspirone. They would resolve after some time. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

hi, It didn't mention in side effects of buspirone that u see blue flashes.Do u know anyone who get it.please explain Am I safe doctor I have to trust u.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: I agree it is uncommon Detailed Answer: I agree it is uncommon, but in rare cases, blue flashes of light does occur with buspirone. But they do not persist for long. If they persist, you can get your eyes checked up to look for any other eye-related problem. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 6 minutes later
Doctor I don't have any eye problems I got them checked last week I drive as well.If this drug doesn't suit me then what's the next option.

Brief Answer: Other options are clonazepam or escitalopram Detailed Answer: Other options would be to use benzodiazepines such as clonazepam or anti-depressant with mild anti-anxiety effect such as escitalopram. Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Hi doctor can I take clonazepam .5mg while I am on BUSPIRONE 5mg 3 times daily if my GP prescribe it. I was awake all night I want to sleep but as soon as I drop to sleep sharp electric pain like a shock wake me up. I am so scared to sleep. This sharp pain is very painful I feel that I am gonna die.I can't eat my mouth is dry and feeling weak. in my legs and body is weak because I cannot even sleep.

Brief Answer: You can take clonazepam Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. Yes, you can take clonazepam 0.5 mg at night, if your GP prescribes it. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 42 minutes later
I went to my GP he said he cannot give buspirone more than 6 weeks and he cannot give clonazepam.But he gave me Escitalopram 20mg.Can I start taking it while I am on BUSPIRONE 5mg a day.Will it work on me more than disolupin. What r the side effects of this medicine that people complain about.There is nothing for me after this treatment.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Escitalopram is a good medicine Detailed Answer: I use escitalopram a lot and I find it very effective and safe. So, you can definitely use it along with buspirone. It is more effective as anti depressant as compared to dosulpin. Also, the sedation effect is lesser as compared to dosulpin. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 16 hours later
Hello doctor!Can Escitalopram and buspirone be taken together for long period of time please explain!

Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Escitalopram and buspirone can be taken together for a long time. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 25 minutes later
Today I notice rash on my face and my body feels itchy. Is this side effect of BUSPIRONE.Am I safe or do I have to stop. Am I safe will it go away or is it serious?Why do I feel like burning sensation and more tightening of my head when I take this medicine is it normal for anxiety patient.

Brief Answer: It could be allergy Detailed Answer: I would suggest you discuss with your GP or a dermatologist, as rash and itching could mean allergy to the drug. It could also be unrelated. It can be confirmed with examination. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 45 hours later
Hello doctor, I am finding it hard to leave disolupin totally.Can buspirone and disolupin be taken simultaneously for long time.Is there any harm?I am so used to disolupin now its becoming very hard to quit totally.

Brief Answer: You can take dosulpin and buspiron together Detailed Answer: Yes, you can take dosulpin and buspiron together for a fairly long time. After a few months when you feel good, you can stop buspiron, and if symptoms recur, you can re start it. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: On dosulpin for anxiety. Waking up all night with panic attacks, fast heartbeats and headache. What to do? 12 hours later
Hi doctor my mother who is 71 and diabetic wants to know if she can take STILNOX CR along with mitrazepine 15 mg together. Is this safe for her?If she can then what doses will be good for her! Please let me know!!

Brief Answer: TYes, she can take them together Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. Your mother can take stilnox CR along with mirtazepine. The usual safe dose is 6.25 mg taken at night. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)