On doctor supervised diet using HCG. Discovered fibroid in uterus. Can I use HCG for another 4 weeks?

Question
I am on a dr. supervised Diet using HCG. I have had fabulous results losing 17 lbs in 28 days. I am currently off the HCG but want to do another round. My gyn just discovered I have a fibroid tumor in my uterus. I am 62 and post menopausal. Can I use HCG for another 4 weeks? I need to lose another 30 lbs.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Fibroids in the uterus are not likely to be affected by the HCG drops or the diet as you are in the postmenopausal phase.
These fibroids are mostly affected by female hormones like estrogen and progesterone.
You can go for HCG diet for another 4 weeks to lose weight. Be sure to follow your doctor's instructions closely.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: On doctor supervised diet using HCG. Discovered fibroid in uterus. Can I use HCG for another 4 weeks? 54 minutes later
There is a small amount of estrogen in HCG. Will that be a problem?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The small amount of estrogen in the HCG might cause a mild hypertrophy of the fibroid temporarily but this is likely to subside after 4 weeks when you stop the treatment. Such a short term treatment is not likely to cause any symptoms.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.