On depo provera, taking primolut. Have uterine fibroid. Getting continuous bleeding. Any complications?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
i an currently on depo provera and did not stop bleeding so now i am taking primolut, just found out i have a UTERINE FIBROID and my doctor is not concerned? is all this normal and is it ok to take both the medications mentioned above?
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

it is not normal to have a fibroid. Following details about fibroid are important for me before preoceeding:

1) What is the size of fibroid ?

2) What is location of fibroid ?

3) How many fibroids are there in total?

You can take the medication you have mentioned. I would be looking forward to know the fibroid details as fibroid it self could be cause of bleeding.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: On depo provera, taking primolut. Have uterine fibroid. Getting continuous bleeding. Any complications? 16 hours later
there is only one fibroid is 2cm diameter and is on the front wall of the uterus.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
hi, glad to see your reply. 2 cms fibroid is very small and needs no treatment. Hence please stop worrying about fibroid. Your doctor is giving you correct medication. Please continue with your doctor's present treatment. It is good enough for your prpblems. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol