On depo provera. Had a tubal ligation done. Having pain in lower abdomen, pelvic bone

Hi I pulled my groin muscle back in 2000 during basic training in the Navy. I was on Depo Provera from XXXXXXX 2005-May 2012, had a tubal ligation done in August of 2012, had a sharp pain in the lower left quadrant by my pelvic bone right after surgery that is constant and does not moderate. Recently had a salpingectomy (February 2013) believing it would help with the pain because I thought my body didn't like having the filshie clip there but pain continues in the exact same spot 2 procedures later. Doc put me back on depo and undergoing pelvic therapy twice a week. What is wrong with me? P.S. Have not had intercourse in 8 months due to husband being on deployment (he comes home in one week and I'm afraid sex will hurt).
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

The sharp pain in the lower left quadrant of abdomen can be related to fibrosis in the area due to repeated surgeries or due to a pelvic pathology like endometriosis.

If there has been injury to the muscles over the abdomen, even then there can be pain but it is not likely to persist for years.

As far as the pelvic pain there are a host of other things which could contribute to this including bladder spasm or sometimes kidney stones. If your physician is not providing you with a better understanding of what to do next for this pelvic pain, I suggest you seek a second opinion.

You may possibly need to have a full pelvic exam and possibly additional imaging such as a MRI/ CT scan to evaluate the area in the pelvis.

I am sorry you are dealing with this frustrating concern and I hope you can find yourself in better health soon with the help of your GP.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.