On depo injection. Is it safe to take pregnacare conception while on depo? Any advice?

Hi, i am 23 and i have been on the depo injection for 22 months after having my little girl. we are now ready for another baby, my depo injection is due between 6th 13th august and i am not goin to get it. i started taking pregnacare conception 3 days ago to get my body ready. is it safe to be taking these while still on the injection? I really want a baby quick as i dont want a big age gap between them. are there any othere ways to help conception and flush the depo out of my system? I didnt realise it could take so long to get pregnant after depo now i am worried it will take ages. any advice would be much apprieciated. thanks
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 40 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I am not aware of anything that can reverse Depo at once.
The injection cannot be immediately reversed once it has been given. It can be reversed, after a time delay. Delay in the return to fertility. It may about six months after an injection for fertility to return this is one of the disadvantage of the depo.
Many people do become pregnant within 2 to 3 months of stopping the depo.
Mean while you can take pregnacare and hope for the best. You have to try and be successful in getting pregnant.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.