On coversyl for high blood pressure. Started erectile dysfunction. Is this due to medicine?

I'm a 56 year old man who's on the medication coversyl for high blood pressure. Lately I've been having problems keeping an erection...could be this be a side effect of the medication. I've been on the medication for 6 months....and am concerned because I still have a good relationship and love my wife....could you please help me with this problem.
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 37 minutes later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Sexual problem is a described side effect of the medicine. If you can relate both, changing it would be wise under the supervision of your physician.

Other things that could help are
1.     Empty stomach at bed time (early dinner- this will help the penis get enough blood flow during the act.
2.     Prolonged foreplay.
3.     Control of sugar if diabetic.
4.     Quitting smoking if you happen to be a smoker.
5.     Diet XXXXXX in dry fruits.
If these are not working out, kindly consult your physician for erection enhancing medicines.