On clopilet and Astrovastatin after STEMI. Getting knee pain. Is there any issue?

Hi Doctor Im XXXXX, male, aged 37. I had a STEMI around 8 months back and i am curently on clopilet a 75 mg and Atrovastatin 10 mg. i used to walk briskly for 45 mins daily. For the past 1 week i an having pain on my left knee. Its not always. It happens when i straighten my knee. Like standing up from a chair. Or from getting down the car etc. if the leg is kept straight or walking there isnt any issue. Is it something needs attention. Should i check with a doctor. Thanks XXXXX
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes.. Visit an orthopedician whenever feasible... Detailed Answer: Hi, At the outset, I would inform you that STEMI and your two medication has no relation with knee pain. The pain may be related to degenerative changes of the knee. Though this pain seems very mild and not serious, it is better that you visit an orthopedician. He/she can examine the knee and perform relevant X-rays (if needed) to triage the severity of this concern. The decision to start you on every day medications with or without physiotherapy will be decided after a comprehensive knee evaluation. In short, in all probabilities a visit to orthopedician is recommended. You can plan the appointment at your convenience as you use topical pain killer. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regads