On clomid. Having white discharge with little red spot. What is happening?

I was on clomid 100mg last Month and got my period on 28th may. My period last till 2nd XXXXXXX From 3 rd XXXXXXX I have white discharge and on 5th XXXXXXX I had little red spot. Still continue to have discharge.. Want to know what's happening with my body
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 56 minutes later
hi and thanks for the query,

I am afraid the white discharge might have nothing to do with your periods. however, it might be important to know whether you are experiencing any associated symptoms generally going along with white discharge or not. Vaginal itches, pain, increased urination of difficulties in keeping urine for a long time.

Generally its due an overgrowth of yeast cells in the vagina called Candida albicans. In case the discharge is foul smelling or very itching, and yellowish in color, a parasite called Trichmonas vaginalis could be implicated. Doing a vaginal swab, culture and antibiotic sensitivity testing could be appropriate in identifying the germ , the organism and prescribing the appropriate antibiotic. If this condition is recurrent, considering to consult and treat your sexual partner could be a reasonable option. In case of urinary symptoms, a urine analysis and culture could be very appropriate. Screening for diabetes mellitus is important in case of very frequent candida infections (vaginal discharge).

A complete physical examination and visualization of the discharge makes the diagnosis usually very easy and facilitates treatment.

I suggest you book an appointment with your gynecologist.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health.

Luchuo, MD.