On cholesterol medicine. Experiencing pressure in upper quadrant. MRI and LFT done. Prognosis?

Gastroenterologist
Question
After experiencing uncomfortable upper right quadrant pressure (no other symptoms at all.....) my dr. ran the following tests .
Bilirubin was 0.9-Aspartate Aminotrnsfrase-46 Alanine phosphatase-57- Protein 7.4 and Albumin 4.5.
and an MRI which showed no significant liver problem. Wouldnt an mri pick up a problem?
I was told to avoid alcohol (usually drinking 2 sometimes three glasses of wine per day) She said she will retest in one month. I have been on cholesterol meds for 15 years.
Are these numbers really bad and if I avoid alcohol will this dull ache subside and when?
I have no other symptoms i.e yellowish eyes, skin, nausea, fatigue , etc.
If there was a problem wouldnt there be more than one symptom of it?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Can I have MRI and the complete report of liver function test.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: On cholesterol medicine. Experiencing pressure in upper quadrant. MRI and LFT done. Prognosis? 12 hours later
How do I get them to you?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
You can upload them here..

Follow-up: On cholesterol medicine. Experiencing pressure in upper quadrant. MRI and LFT done. Prognosis? 2 hours later
Please give me your opinion based on the information Ive given you . Im not able to send the reports. Also, they ruled out hepatitis and gallbladder problems.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 21 hours later
Your liver function test is within normal limits only expect the AST which is slightly out of range but NOT SIGNIFICANTLY raised.

Alcohol intake can cause fatty liver which causes liver enlargement with mild discomfort in the right upper quadrant. It can also cause gastropathy with pain/discomfort in the same region.

Fatty liver may remain asymptomatic or cause mild discomfort with no other symptoms. Stopping alcohol will resolve the issue in about 4 weeks time.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini