On cerazette. Having bloated stomach and pregnancy symptoms. Pregnancy test negative. What is wrong?

Hi, I'm on cerazette, but I really feel like I'm pregnant and my belly is all bloated and has other pregnancy symptoms, but I've done a test and it's negative, can the pill effect the results?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 11 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Cerazette has progesterone which can lead to all these symptoms. The bloating and the water retention can be minimized with these steps:
a. Have plenty of water ( we would be looking at 3-4 litres a day)
b. Cut out excessive salt from your diet. So no processed food or over the table salt
c. Exercise for 50 minutes daily. It helps fight water retention and bloating.
d. Eat small meals every 3-4 hours
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can address any more concerns.