On bp medicine. Feeling tired, dizzy and getting headache after good sleep. Reason?

Good

Psychiatrist
Question
I have been experiencing tirdness when waking after a good nights sleep but worse still is when ever I walk I feel like I might faint/lose balance, feel like I cant breath and have really heavy eyes. also headaches.

Iam on Blood pressure meds but its seems to be under control 130/80 is average blood sugar is good around 7 to 8.

I also feel a bit dizzy when just standing talking to someone and osscasionly when just sitting still as well.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. if you feel tired after a good sleep, and it is hard to breathe, you have headaches and heavy eye, You should tell the doctor to check you to see if there is any sleep apnea. Apnea can cause hypertension or can aggravate it. People who have apnea are dizzy during the day and cannot concentrate well. I you are obese I should say that the chance of sleep apnea is almost 90 to 100 percent.
The advantage of this problem is that it is easily manageable. It is a common disease despite common belief in the past that just old people may have it. Ask your doctor to see if you may have it and/or go for a sleep study. Best wishes.

Follow-up: On bp medicine. Feeling tired, dizzy and getting headache after good sleep. Reason? 2 hours later
anything else beside's this what about asthma, allergies, inner ear problems, low blood oxygen any of these possible. I forgot to add I also have like runnny nose I do suffer hayfever.
I forgot to add I dont have any actual concentration issues, I do daily exercise any yes I am obese 5'2" and 78kg

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 10 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. If you have allergy, loss of concentration, obesity and asthma the chance of apnea is almost 95 percent. It is a serious problem. Ask your doctor about its treatment.

Follow-up: On bp medicine. Feeling tired, dizzy and getting headache after good sleep. Reason? 14 hours later
I actually said i dont have loss of concentration or asthma but was wondering if asthma, low blood oxygen, inner ear issues or anything else other then sleep apnea it could possibly be. sleep apnea not essy to diganose in the bush.

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 11 hours later
Hi there, thanks for reasking. Low blood pressure usually brings vertigo more than fatigue. Asthma is not a silent disease so people who are asthmatic are aware their problem which could be restricted to nights. Inner ear problems cause more vertigo than fatigue.
I suggested that more investigation for apnea would be useful. There are good centres in Sydney as well.
Best wishes with your health.