On birth control pill. Had intercourse without ejaculation. Am I pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
Hello, I had sex for the first time on Saturday. I am on the pill. There was no ejaculation and I believe no pre-ejaculate because he was having a hard time keeping the erection and I couldn't take him going in all the way.
I have been on the pill for almost 8 years. I was just about to start the second week of pills of the pack when this happened. I am 22 years old , about 5'6" or 5'7" and weigh about 200 pounds. I don't think I am pregnant but I am worried. It's probably just nerves.
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. S Patra 58 minutes later

Birth control pill (combined OCP) is very much effective (near about 99.9%) in prevention of unwanted pregnancy if it is taken on regular basis on scheduled time.

According to your information, there was no ejaculation or pre-cum. Therefore, in your case, chance of pregnancy is negligible or very much rare and it totally depends on failure of the birth control pill.

Here, you can wait for next coming period up to 7 days from expected date. After that, you can undergo one home pregnancy test or blood test for beta HCG to be sure.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself. Don't be much worried.

Dr Soumen